Visitor Access Procedures
The visitor control
program is based upon a thorough understanding of Edmond Public Schools
administration, principals and staff. An understanding assures the integration
of these disciplines that are necessary to control access into and out of the
schools by any visitor.
The authority and
requirements on which the program is based are contained in this procedure.
1. All visitors during school hours must sign in and out
at the office.
2. District employees must wear identification badges at
3. Support employees must check in with the office before
performing work in the building. Exceptions to this would be maintenance
personnel who may check in via radio with the Head Custodian who in turn would
notify the office immediately.
4. All vendors must check in with the office before
performing any work in the buildings.
5. Visitor badges or visitor stickers may be made of any
material a site chooses. All badges or stickers will be easily identifiable by
building staff as a visitor badge.
6. All badges or stickers must have the date and room
number of where the visitor is going written on them before leaving the office.
7. Visitor badges are good for one day only.
8. Log sheets will be reviewed at the end of each day to
ensure all people have checked out.
9. Exceptions to the above are limited to tours and
special events when a large number of visitors are attending. In the event there
are large groups of visitors in the building, direct routes need to be
established to control the access to other parts of the building.
10. Regular visitors may be issued a permanent type
visitor badge but must still check in at the office.
All Employees are to be
aware of all visitors in buildings and are instructed to escort any visitor
found in the building without a visitor badge to the office to check in and
obtain a badge.
Employees should not
accept visitors into their classroom or work area who have not checked in at the
directs implementation of this procedure in their buildings.
The Safety Officer will
conduct spot inspections to insure this procedure is being followed and a
written report of findings will be provided to Administration (Principals and
Supervisors) and the Superintendent.