New School Year and Semester Grades
· A student must be passing five classes from the previous year or semester. If not passing, the student will not be eligible to participate during the first SIX WEEKS of the next semester.
· A student regains eligibility by achieving passing grades in ALL SUBJECTS at the end of a six-week period.
· Students enrolled for the first time must comply with the same requirements of scholarship.
Weekly Eligibility During a Semester
The Oklahoma Secondary Schools Association has established strict policies and procedures regarding scholastic eligibility for 7th and 8th grade students. In adherence to these rules, we are required to do weekly grade checks to determine eligibility for every student involved in an activity (interschool athletics, band, vocal music and orchestra).
· Student eligibility will be checked during the fourth week and each succeeding week thereafter. A student must be passing all subjects in which he/she is enrolled. If not, the student will be placed on probation for the next one-week period. If the student is failing one or more classes at the end of the probationary one-week period, the student will be ineligible to participate during the next one-week period. Week periods will begin on Monday and end on Sunday.
· “Passing Grade” means work of such character that credit would be entered on the records were the semester to close at that time.
· All grades will be checked no later than 2:50p.m. each Tuesday. Names of all students not passing will be submitted to the office by 3:00p.m. each Wednesday.
· A student who is not passing all subjects will be notified by school officials. EACH STUDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INFORMING HIS/HER PARENT CONCERNING HIS/HER ELIBIGILITY STATUS.
· A student who is failing for two consecutive weeks will be ineligible to participate in any activity the second week.
· A student who has lost eligibility under this provision must be passing all subjects to regain eligibility.
· Numerous sports are available in which 7th and 8th grade students may participate. Girls and/or boys may go out for the following sports: football, softball, volleyball, basketball, baseball, cross-country, track, golf, tennis and wrestling.
Players are required to be picked up on time after practice and games. Failure to be picked up on time will result in suspension from games. Repeated offenses could result in dismissal from the team.