We Parent Club members feel our Summit Middle School teachers and staff are among the best and brightest in the education world. Each day, they bring their A-game to the classroom, the office, and grounds. We parents can do our part to help keep Summit's learning community going, too!
The common-use classroom items brought to school in August can be depleted quickly. As the year goes on, these items need to be replenished. Here are some of the most vital year-round classroom staples:
- Kleenex/Facial Tissues: With eight classes using one box of Kleenex daily, our kids go through boxes of classroom tissues faster than you can say, "ACHOO!"
- Clorox Wipes and Hand Sanitizer: Another high-traffic item, these babies help prevent "ACHOO!" being followed by, "Here, take my germs!"
- Colored Pencils (map pencils)
- Dry-Erase Markers
- Spiral Notebooks (70-count, wide-ruled)
- No. 2 Pencils
- Red Ink Pens
- Loose-Leaf Notebook Paper (wide-ruled, 200- or 250-count)
Please consider grabbing some of these items throughout the year, and sending them to school so they may be placed in the common-use pool. Check your child's teachers' websites, as the teachers may have classroom wish-list items. It's also helpful to contact your child's teachers via email or phone to ask for more specific needed items.
When your child's teacher sends home notes about upcoming class projects, also please consider purchasing one or two extra project supplies and sending them to school with your child.
Let's do our part to help our teachers keep all of our Summit Eagles healthy, prepared, and ready to learn!
As always, parents, thank you for your continued spirit of helpfulness!
-Summit Parent Club