Information Day Frequently Asked Questions
This site will be updated with any new information. Check back often between now and August, 2013.
- Q: How much money should I expect to spend on Information Day transactions? (Parent Club is happy to accept your cash or check, payable to "Summit Parent Club", for Information Day purchases.)
- A: Each Summit 6th grade student is required to purchase an agenda (day/homework planner). (7th and 8th grade students are strongly encouraged to purchase an agenda.) Agendas will be sold for $5 during Information Day. Parent Club will be selling Summit t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other accessories, priced from $3-$35. The purchase of these spirit items is optional. School directories (optional purchase, for $5; each additional directory, $3) will be available for pre-order. Parents may also wish to make a meal account payment; those payments will be accepted by Summit's Child Nutrition staff. Parents can determine how much money, if any, will be deposited into a student's account.
- Q: How long will it take to get through Information Day?
- A: Summit's Parent Club will only have a portion of the stops during Information Day. Edmond Public Schools staff members and Summit's staff and faculty will have stations for bus routes, address verification, schedule pick-up, cafeteria information, student organizations, and more. Summit is home to over 1,200 students; depending on crowd size and required stops, parents should expect to spend at least an hour at school during Information Day.
- Q: What if I can't make it on Information Day?
- A: Schedules will not be released prior to Information Day. Bring your July or August gas, water, or electric bill to Summit's office for verification as soon as possible after Information Day. Agendas will be for sale in the office, and order forms for spirit items will also be available in the office. All parents are strongly encouraged to attend Information Day, since so much can be accomplished in one place at one time.