A note from Summit's Parent Club President......
Parent Club Points for May
- This is a "good-bye" time of year, and it is the beginning of new adventures! Thank you and happy adventures to our Summit staff who will be retiring in 2013. Thank you, Joe Roberts, Sandra Keller, Becky Cole, and Karla Rowley!
- Much love, too, to all of our Summit 8th graders who are heading off to high school! God bless you all!
- The 8th grade Social is May 16, from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. Please contact Danette Mondalek if you are able to help. Volunteers are still needed. Candies, desserts, and gift cards are still needed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 17 is HOOPLA! HOOPLA is Summit's two-on-two basketball tournament. Thank you, Anna Murphy and HOOPLA volunteers! Thank you, HOOPLA participants! Have fun!
- May 20, 8th hour, is the 7th grade Mile for Riley. 7th graders need to wear comfortable shoes and walking clothes on the 20th. Monies raised for this event will go to support the Riley Andrews Memoria Scholarship Foundation (RAMS). A second fundraising event is scheduled for June 24 at the The Greens Golf and Country Club: the first-annual Golf Classic. If you would like more information on either of these events or on the foundation, please contact Margy White at email@example.com
- Race for Stace is June 8! HOpe to see lots of runners, walkers, and cheerleaders at the 2nd annual event. If you'd like more information, please contact Stephanie Henson at Stephanie.Henson@sbcglobal.net
- Please contact Parent Club Treasurer Karen Robertiello at firstname.lastname@example.org if yo uare willing and able to review our Parent Club financials (accounting types, perhaps :) ) We need two or three persons; this is required of all EPS-sanctioned organizations.
- Next Parent Club meeting is Thursday, May 16, in the Summit Media Center. Coffee and a visit begin at 9:00 AM; meeting begins at 9:30 AM. Hope to see you there! Please invite someone who might be new to Summit next year.
- Important dates for next year: Information Day is August 12, from noon to 6:00 PM. Contact Julie Luster if you are able to volunteer: email@example.com. The first day of school is August 20, 2013.
Happy Summer, all! Thank you for the opportunity to serve as Parent Club President! The past two
years have been full of joy and new friendships!
Summit Parent Club President